J. ROBERT FORSHEY
Bobby Forshey is a partner in the Firm, and practices in the areas of bankruptcy, business reorganizations and workouts, and creditor’s rights. Mr. Forshey was recently recognized in a state-wide survey of 65,000 Texas lawyers as a "Texas Super Lawyer" in 2012 by Texas Monthly; this recognition is generally reserved for the top 5% of attorneys in a given practice area. This marks the eighth consecutive year that Mr. Forshey has received this level of recognition from his peers. Forshey Prostok is the only Fort Worth firm recognized in the 2012 edition of the Chambers USA/America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The firm is recognized in the 2012 Chambers as a leading bankruptcy firm in Texas and is the only "boutique" firm so recognized. Mr. Forshey is also featured in Chambers USA 2012 as Leaders in their Field.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL:
- Baylor Law School, J.D., Cum Laude 1979 (Notes and Comments Editor and Symposium Editor of the Baylor Law Review, 1978-79).
- Baylor University, B.A. 1976 Magna Cum Laude.
- Admitted to practice: Texas, United States District Court for the Northern, Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas and before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS:
- Bankruptcy Pitfalls in Civil Trials: A Litigator's Guide to Bankruptcy - State Bar of Texas: Advanced Civil Trial Course 2010, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston, Texas.
- Accrual Rule vs. Payment Rule: Conflicting Interpretations of the Obligations of a Chapter 11 Debtor under 11 U.S.C. sec.365(d)(3) - Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar Luncheon Presentation of November 15, 2004.
- A Potpourri of Bankruptcy Issues: Administrative Claims, The Reading Exception, Preference Claims and Burdens of Proof - Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar Luncheon Presentation of September 15, 2003.
- Insurance and Bankruptcy: It's All Clear as Mud - A Basic Primer - Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course 2001, Dallas, Texas.
- Class Action Bankruptcy and Claims Issues Under 502(e) - Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course 2000, Houston, Texas.